Thursday, September 3, 2009

LIFE IS GOOD


The older I get . . .
The easier it is to lose track of time
Often wondering what time it is
And even, sometimes, what day it is

I find I can be okay with not washing my hair everyday
It can be okay to not comb or brush my hair right away
It can even be okay to simply run my fingers through it
Some days . . .

I worry that someone will ring the doorbell early in the day
And find me in rumpled and ragged disarray
But I don’t worry enough to put myself aright right away

Days seem to get shorter as I find myself circling the task list
And trying to remember what it was I wanted to do
Reminding myself write it down as soon as I remember

The wonder is . . .

Somehow I manage to feed the animals and myself a well-balanced diet
Most days I put on my walking shoes and take the girls for a walk
And most of the time, I remember their names

I still enjoy a good challenge, like a difficult crossword puzzle or sudoko
And writing an occasional article for my neglected blog
And trying to understand Republican reasoning (oxymoron?)

Even as the days grow shorter . . . I find I like this time in my life.
Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment