Sunday, May 1, 2011

LIFE IS GOOD - TODAY

Today, I am home trying to recover from a nasty bronchial infection - being sick makes you realize how wonderful it is to feel good!

Being sick makes you slow down enough to see the beauty that surrounds you. The tree is so lovely, but taken for granted day in and day out. Yet it never complains; just continues to provide cooling shade, nesting and perching opportunities for the little feathered singers who do appreciate it, and indescribable beauty for me to enjoy.

Being sick allows you to contemplate all the opportunities that are available for you to consider as well as all the things that need to be done that you have been meaning to get to one of these days. Also, just sitting and listening to the radio - I had almost forgotten how much I love "Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keiler. What a wonderful program.

Being sick allows you to relegate all the "cares" of the world to the back of your mind. I just don't really want to hear about the world financial issues, or political in-fighting, or climate change, or crime, or . . . anything! I can just pamper myself and not feel a a bit guilty about it.
Life is good - today.

No comments:

Post a Comment